size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
10-06-2022, 04:05 AM

Artorias was proud of Zephyr. For an abundance of reasons, but this time for the care and attention his son paid to his teachings of their family's history. He knew it would be easy for someone so young to disregard the stories of their elders, to not care as deeply as others about who they were and where they came from. But Zeph showed keen interest for the details of the lesson, a gamut of emotions crossing over his visage as he took in everything Art was saying. No emotion struck the older wolf in the heart more powerfully than when he offered his ward the family name, and he saw the tears beginning to well up in his son's blue eyes. Zeph expressed his desire for the family name, then thanked Artorias far more than he needed to. Artorias offered his child a fatherly smile and shifted to move closer to the great bird, leaning in so he may nuzzle at his son's fledgling plumage. "You are most welcome, Zephyr. You've earned it. Your mother and I are so proud of the man you're becoming, and this is our way of showing you how much we love and trust you."

As Zeph moved to stand, Artorias sat back and admired his avian son. Zephyrus had been such an unexpected blessing in their lives. He taught Artorias things he didn't know he needed to know, and showed him parts of himself he hadn't known were within him. It was because of Zeph that Artorias felt far more capable of being a father to his own flesh and blood children someday. But with this moment between them here and now, the Aegis knew that no matter how many children he sired, Zephyr would always be his first. Artorias saw the curious expression on the argentavis' face, but before he could ask, Zephyr answered his unspoken question. His response brought a smile to Artorias' face along with a soft chuckle. "As fi încântat. I would be delighted to, Zeph," he replied with a proud grin. "Between myself and your Aunt Gwynevere, we'll teach you how to speak like you've lived in the mountains your entire life."

Wanting to give Zephyrus something to have right here and now, Artorias waited for another clap of thunder to roll past before he began. "Repeat after me. Eu sunt Zephyrus Carpathius al Hallows. That means 'I am Zephyrus Carpathius of the Hallows'." He gave Zeph as many tries as he needed to feel out the foreign phonetics on his tongue. It only seemed fitting that his son's first words in their language were his declaration of who he was in their family.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.