An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
10-07-2022, 04:47 PM

The days had ticked closer and closer to when Gwynevere expected her to go into labor and she couldn't be more eager to get these pups out into the world. Her belly had grown to the point that doing her usual daily tasks was nearly impossible and finding any position to sit or lay in comfortably was laughable. Her back and legs nearly always hurt and there was always at least one pup at the ready to kick her in the ribs. Still, despite the toil that all of this had put on her body, she would happily do it over again—and she was sure she would. She and Artorias were so excited to be parents and the weeks of preparation had only added to that excitement. Everything in the castle was ready for them—now they just needed the pups to complete this perfect picture.

Over the last day or two she had been especially restless and uncomfortable, only able to settle and rest for short periods of time before she would end up getting up to pace or move something around. Gwynevere checked on her periodically, feeling the movement of the pups and giving her medicines that were supposed to help ease along the birth. Briar didn't really know what to expect beyond the technical mechanics of it all and every new change made her wonder if this was the moment when they would finally begin meeting their long awaited pups. Artorias' sister seemed to think that it would be any minute so Briar kept her mate close even though she was very sure nothing could peel him away from her side at this point. She just couldn't imagine going through the birth without him so she made sure he was with her always regardless.

The sun was beginning to set as she paced up and down the hallway outside of their room, the movement becoming the only thing that was giving her any kind of relief from this uncomfortable restlessness. Over the last several hours she would occasionally feel something like a tightness or a cramp, just a light pull of muscle that was surely just a taste of what she was going to be experiencing later. As she slowly walked and paced along side Artorias she felt that some cramping tightness, but stronger than before and she winced a little as it made her stop for just a moment before she kept going. "I'm alright," she assured her worried husband, giving him a little smile as she tipped her muzzle up to give him a soft kiss. "I don't think it'll be much longer though."

As if on cue, just as she was about to turn around at the end of the hall by their bedroom door, another tight pull of muscle caused her to stop. This time it was strong enough to cause her to pull a pained breath through her teeth and the light cramps she had been feeling shifted into what she could only assume were real contractions. It took a couple of moments for the contraction to pass so that she could move again, glancing up at Artorias with a little smile and a soft chuckle. "I think they already have a sense of humor," she joked as she went to go back into their room, the first real nerves she had felt in this whole process settling on her. "Will you call for Gwynevere, love? I think we'll be meeting them very, very soon."

"Artorias & Briar Carpathius"