Expert Intellectual (135)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
10-13-2022, 03:27 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2022, 03:28 PM by Laeta. Edited 1 time in total.)

Laeta couldn't help but blink when the pup, completely unconcerned, began spouting out all his questions. The young boy was inquisitive, no doubt - words flowing from his lips like a babbling creek. About as normal and carefree as any child. No longer quite so concerned - he seemed capable and if he didn't seem scared, it meant he couldn't be far from his own home. A soft chuckle bubbled from her own lips, not making fun of him at all - but rather, a chuckle that was sorely needed. He was so curious about everything, his eyes wide and scanning the forest around them. Clearly, he was wanting to know more about the grove, perhaps it interested him enough he took the risk to wander all the way here. Though Laeta hoped he'd run home after he was done exploring, she'd answer his questions with the patience of her age.

Her ruby eyes twinkled and the gentle, patient smile lighted her lips as she picked through each and every one of his questions, making sure they were all answered. Children wanted answers for everything, and who was she to deny him knowledge that could be useful to him?

Glancing at the berries, slightly frostbitten but nonetheless remaining on the bushes, she said, "Hmm. Well, these berries here-" She lifted a white-toed paw to poke the shriveled blackberries, "-are edible. Very sweet too. They won't hurt your stomach and they're pleasant on the tongue. Though they might not taste as good in this winter weather." When he moved on to mention the orange leaves above them, and the remainders of the foliage that stubbornly wrapped the crooked branches, she added, "No, the trees normally have lots of green leaves when it's warm. When it's cold, the leaves dry up and turn orange, sometimes yellow and red, too, and they fall off." She picked up a leaf from the hardened earth to show him.

She chuckled again when he mentioned if the Hallows wolves like the orange color. "Well, I'm sure most of them do. I certainly like the color orange, myself. It's warm, like a fire in a hearth."

And when she finished, the young boy had mentioned he'd answer her questions as well. A glimmer of happiness and amusement lighted her gaze as she hummed in thought, tilting her head before asking, "How do you know of the Hallows? I don't recognize your scent, but you smell of a pack I don't know of. Is it from somewhere in Auster?" She paused, then adding, "How did you get all the way up here without your parents noticing?" Mundane questions compared to his own, but the older you were, the more you knew about leaves and the color orange and the less you realized you knew about the world beyond your own.

”Speech” ’Thought’

comin' up for air in the deepest of the deep ends
i thought i learned it all, but boom, the plot thickens
laeta has a european badger companion named melis. he can speak and is assumed to be with her at all times.