gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

Samhain 2022Statue 4 Worship
10-22-2022, 12:06 AM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2022, 12:09 AM by Corbin. Edited 1 time in total.)

It was clear that Corbin spent some time at the edges of the pack with how the gases from around the statue had reached him more than once.  It made for a funny feeling that wasn’t altogether unpleasant, especially if he did it after licking the cave walls.  Apparently, the statues that were causing the funny feeling weren’t normal so it was unknown if they’d stay.  That just made his curiosity worse.  It was a pure miracle he hadn’t forgotten the boundary lines and gone off to get closer to the statue and see it for himself.

Corbin fully believed cool stuff had to be up higher.  If it was harder to get somewhere then that had to be where good things were hidden just waiting to be found.  When Haydee called for his attention Corbin looked to his smaller sister and then where she was pointing.  Hey, they had gone up higher and put that tree branch at a much more convenient height.  It was convenient to them at least, that bird clearly didn’t appreciate them there.  Watching for a moment, he waited and when the sun was able to get past the bird's black feathers he saw the sparkle also.

“See?? I told you neat things were higher up!  The bird got one of them.  I bet it was even higher up,” he glanced from the bird back to Haydee, “Great job!! Now we just have to get it.” His attention then turned back to look at the bird guarding their prize.  It was a giant of a crow, at least to young wolf pups it had some good size to it and, it seemed pretty confident in its ability to win over two wolf pups.

Maybe it was the gasses that still had Corbin feeling like nothing could touch him, or that the bird kinda shrunk then grew in size but the black pup was fairly certain this wouldn’t be too hard.  “I’m gonna scare it off, ok?  Soon as I do, then you get whatever is making that sparkly look.  Maybe I’ll even catch the bird!!  Think mom and dad would be proud of us if we caught it?"  Corbin hadn’t pondered the dead or alive part in getting the bird, the idea was just to grab it in one form or another.

The young wolf slowly stalked forward, eyeing the branch that hung only a few inches about their rock.  “Hey birdy birdy,” he called to the glaring bird.  The bird was supposed to fly off and he’d grab it, that was the idea.  Instead, the bird spread out its wings, kawed, and then flapped into the air, but not to escape.  Like a little sniper, it flew down with the intent to peck at Corbin’s forehead, a loud squawk in the air even as it dove.

Corbin looked up at the giant monster bird, at least in his mind, with the sun filtering in around its feathers. He tried to snap his teeth at it, missed and yelped as he got a beak to the forehead, and then the bird flew up again.  Corbin wanted to whine as it did actually hurt, but not when his little sister was there.  “You get the thing, I got him!”  The boy announced boldly.  This time as the bird came down Corbin tried leaping up.  The bird missed its attack but Corbin also only grabbed air.  

Never had their been a more vicious fight! Corbin would protect Haydee from this vicious monster bird!  They would win their treasure and show mom and dad what they had to give over for the feast.  They’d show off to everyone and the whole family would be impressed.  That thought came with a yip of surprise as he had to duck to avoid another hit from the bird.  This time he leaped after the bird started its upward climb, two tail feathers were stuck in his mouth, showing he’d gotten close that time.

Word Count 663
Total: 1318/1500

"Corbin"
[Image: PllexzO.png]