size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Shard

Samhain 2022
10-26-2022, 11:08 PM

Thorn looked at the porcupine curiously, wondering what to make of it.  When Ezra mentioned getting quills stuck in him Thorn’s eyes brightened up in amazed curiosity. “Those quills actually come off?  Hey, think the quills could be added to a sword and be more effective like that?” If so would dad’s sword already have them on there?  The idea that they could stick part of their body into someone was a fascinating concept.  He took Ezra’s words to heart though and looked around once more.

Moving to one of the many bushes that had vines on them, Thorn took time to look the bush over curiously and then bit into a vine curiously.  He chomped on it, testing a few times before really trying to cut a piece loose.  With a bit of work, he got one side cut open, watching it dangle down but still catch on another lower part of the bush.  Thorn yanked on the vine, making more of it come loose.  His gaze looked back at his sticks, trying to imagine how much of the vine he might want.  Maybe a whole lot!

Thorn started pulling and walking with the vine, shaking his head to get it loose when it was clinging to the bush.  Once he had a long strand he chewed the rest of the vine off.  Moving to sit down in front of the sticks with an absurdly long bit of vine he considered it.  “I’m gonna make a sword just like dad’s, well, but wood. Then I can learn to be a great fighter and have dad show me how to use one of the real ones!” Yes, the pup had visions of a true iron miniature small sword in his mouth.  For now, a wooden one would be almost as cool.

Thorn started moving the thinner stick up and down the thicker one, trying to decide what height to position it for a proper crossguard.  “Have you ever used a sword?  Or do you use your antlers like a sword?  I bet those could be really useful like that?”

Child that he was, despite his desire to focus on making a sword the boy's attention still was easily diverted at moments.  A yellow butterfly flew by, the sound of some bird he didn’t recall having heard in the past.  The scent of prey he could imagine but hadn’t seen yet also teased his senses.

"Thorn Carpathius"