Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
10-28-2022, 02:27 PM

Pyralis moved from decorating the statue to head to the feast and as soon as she got there she immediately headed to the mulled wine to pour herself a generous bowl. Settling down on some hides she simply enjoyed the weather and drank her fill. She'd always had a soft spot for autumn. In some ways it was a relief to be able to see it again with certainty instead of wondering if she'd make it long enough to watch the trees turn into their gorgeous, fiery colors. As she partook in the feast a dainty black cat settled in at the table, talking about offerings to their gods and even inviting the visitors to do the same. At first she dismissed the idea, wondering why she should bother offering valuables to something she didn't believe in, however as the festival continued she wondered about doing so anyway. Maybe doing so would get her some answers and if not well… she'd find out soon enough.

Pyralis dug inside her satchel, pulling out the remainder of the fire opals. She hadn't been able to craft them all into her decoration and perhaps that was for the best. Digging out some rabbit skin glue of which she had very little left she debated what to do with the remaining opals. Tossing them all in an unceremonious pile didn't seem appropriate. She did have a coyote skull she could perhaps decorate with them. Pyralis hummed to herself softly as she considered the best approach before deciding to just go with it. She set it down and started to apply the fire opals with the glue. She adhered the largest into each eye socket. With the smaller remaining ones she arranged them in a pattern on the skulls forehead.

Satisfied with her work she beckoned her potoo companion down from the trees before pouncing on it and binding it with leather cordage. She glanced at Alkali but the hawk simply stared down at her with indifference. With her offerings secured she headed back to the forest to the statue she'd first come across. She set both items down at its feet. The potoo made a muffled noise but she ignored it instead turning her attention back to the statue. She stared at the middle face for a moment before glancing at the one on the right. "I should know what to say, but I don't. I wonder what waits on the other side, I wonder if I'm truly a descendent of the gods or just a madman, I wonder what I'm leaving behind. I have questions and no answers."

"Talk" "You" Think

NPC:
Your offering is placed and at first, nothing seems to happen. The fog begins to roll in to conceal prying eyes in every direction, enveloping you, the altar, and the statue in a thick impenetrable bubble. It is then that the coyote skull begins to rise, it's fire opal eyes fading into a rich gold as they stretch and contract to take new shape, the bones of the coyote shifting and growing larger and thicker. Even the bound potoo joins the scene, it's leather wrapping dissolving before your eyes. It unravels it's wings and finds a familiar perch upon... your shoulder, but the shoulder of the version of yourself that is somehow now standing before you.

The wolf silently watching you is as familiar as any individual could be, making the differences between you stand out even clearer. This Pyralis holds the posture of a wolf half her age and has seemingly lost her scars as well as regrown her various maims. The expression she wears is especially strange, the life in her golden eyes has long faded but yet she still wears a wicked grin of joy upon her maw. Where the potoo sits perched something else catches your eye - his claws, which should be hooked into flesh for purchase, wrap past where your shoulder should be and into it, like it sits on air alone. It is clear there is more in store for you on this earth, even if your role here will very soon change.

The fog recedes suddenly and the vision along with it, the coyote skull dropping back down upon the altar hard enough to split one of the fire opal eyes straight in half. The bound potoo falls too with a pitiful 'oof', the momentum bringing it to roll straight off of the marble and toward the grass below.. where it vanishes, leaving behind nothing but a dirty cloud of feathers. From the intact fire opal light begins to shine, a light that grows consistently stronger until finally flames have burst forth deep from within. The pyre consumes the skull in seconds, charring the marble as the offering is seared away.

Before you go, something draws you to glance up and meet the stoney gaze upon each of the three-headed statue’s faces. A keen observer might notice a distinct change in the expression of each as they look upon the intricate carving, where each of the cerberus’ maws have appeared to curve up into the barest of smiles.

You have received:

1 Inch of Post-Acceptance Height

Staff: note when claimed
Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Soulless Forest Altar Soulless Forest 08:21 PM, 10-16-2022 10:49 AM, 10-26-2023