ardent

Right through the nostril! Wait, no, septum.

Medusa

Acacius

Loner

Advanced Fighter (90)

Master Healer (245)

An icon representing the specialty Field Medic Field Medic

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

1KThe Ooze Participant
10-28-2022, 06:06 PM

It was a bit weird how Medusa spoke her name in place of the word "I" or "My" but Acacius somehow found it comforting, like he wasn't the only weirdo in the world. His maw split into a grin as she explained that his half-sister was her best friend, something that made even more sense since Havoc was not particularly normal herself. "Medusa likes bones too?" Acacius asked with a wag of his tail, finding it natural to refer to her in the same way she referred to herself. Maybe she just didn't like those other words, and that was fine with Acacius. "She never helped me dig up a dead guy. Havoc must really like Medusa."

She complimented his markings in turn and Acacius' excitement grew. Was this how effortless making friends should be, when one wasn't attempting to hide their weirdness in fear of being made fun of? He figured it must be, and that Medusa must be a worthwhile friend indeed to be so welcoming. She seemed to enjoy the idea of a piercing too, and Acacius was all too eager to do his new friend justice and give her another place to wear her bones.

"Yes! That was why I was digging for a dead guy, I was going to pierce his nose for pract- Hey!" Acacius devolved into a fit of cackles. "I'm not a pumpkin!! I'm a skeleton like Medusa, and like Havoc!" Though his words could be taken as offended, the grin on his maw and the laughter left over softened the blow. Silly Medusa.

His porcupine cleared her throat, rattling the jar with the prepped quill for his attention. Acacius turned to her and remembered his purpose here, looking back to Medusa with the calm demeanor of a professional. "Okay, Medusa needs to stand still okay? It will hurt a little bit but then it will look super cool and be all worth it." The porcupine waved the boy over, whispering the instruction into his ear so as to not frighten their subject. "You will need to push hard and fast to get it over with quickly, else she might flinch and ruin the path of the hole." Acacius nodded, withdrew the quill carefully from the jar with his teeth, and moved back to his new friend.

Luckily he was tall or he'd never be able to get his muzzle in line with Medusa's to shove the thing through. Actually... Acacius furrowed his brow. "Can you lay down with your head on your side like this?" He flopped his head to the right sharply. Waiting until his friend did as she was requested, Acacius took a place overtop her instead. With his teeth he very carefully found the point where the quill would need to go through, his companion's small hands helping to guide it into position. This would be much easier, all he'd need to do is push straight down. It might hit the dirt and get dirty on the other side of the quill, but that'd be fine, right? It wasn't like he was pulling it back through her nose right away. "Okay one... two... three!" On his count he pushed, sinking the sharp quill through flesh and out the other side. "There!!" Stepping back, he let Medusa have space to rise up. "I can help yo- Medusa find a cool bone to put through it too, but it needed to be poked with something sharp and clean first."

"Speech"
Acacius has saber fangs, which may not be visible on all his art.
In the likely event you witness this character speaking to open air, he is speaking to his imaginary friend, Pocus.
Two porcupines follow Acacius everywhere he goes, their names are Prick(M) and Poke(F).