Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
11-03-2022, 05:59 PM

How long had Ganta been dead now? Time meant nothing to those who were not living, though for Ganta his time in the afterlife had not been peaceful. His mate had passed, but he had been unable to reach her. His only daughter had passed as well, and though Ganta had sought to make amends with Philomena his daughter did not wish to speak with him. So Ganta had been wandering, aimless, with the hope that maybe he might find peace someday. Death was supposed to be peaceful, wasn’t it? No, not for him. He had lost everything and more on the day that he died. He never expected death to feel so lonely…

But then, when everything seemed at a loss, there was something else at long last. He was in the mortal realm, able to eat and feel full without actually touching the physical food. But that did not bring Ganta happiness. He could see the mortals but he could not interact with them as he had hoped. He had seen his granddaughter, see how her orange and yellow markings were a throwback to his own. She seemed to have a good head on her shoulders, not wanting to continue the feud between the Lore and Abraxas lines. It should have been something that died with him…

There was so much guilt for what his death had done to his family… and nothing would ever, ever make that okay.

Sometime after the feast, Ganta wandered, heading back to the lands he had once claimed for Dragoste. He walked under the familiar weeping willows. He hadn’t even meant to touch any of the living, expecting it to be a wasted effort anyway when he accidentally stumbled across a field mouse and well… one moment he was a ghost, the next he was looking up at a world that was so much bigger than he was. Ganta drew in a breath and, for once, it wasn’t an unnecessary one. He shivered and shuddered, letting out a squeak of shock.

“What… what the actual fuck?” He examined himself, realizing once more he could feel things, was warm, and… was the mouse? He scurried toward a nearby tree and stood on one of the willow roots. “I possessed this mouse? But… why?” He furrowed his brow. “This is… so strange…” He lifted his gaze skyward.

“Not that it matters… I’m still alone…”

"Talk," 'Think.'

I'm here without you...