size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022WealthyOoh La LaBy the skin of my teeth
11-04-2022, 04:40 PM
Maverick did not pester nor push for Venom to speak her mind to him. He knew that if she wanted to, she would tell him what was troubling her, but he would not force the truth from her. Whether she wanted a solution or simple support from him, he would give what he could to her. It was the least he could do for her when she was struggling. Eventually Venom calmed herself down enough to speak, her words broken with nervous pausing, as if afraid to give life to the words hanging on the edge of her tongue. Teal eyes bore into the Empress' sunset jewels, bidding her to continue and share her worries with him. The words she finally strung together took him aback, eyes widened and blinking in quick succession while his mind tried to wrap around Venom's fears. She was afraid that she wouldn't be able to conceive their children? There were so many follow up questions he had to this revelation, but he started with the simplest for now.

"Oh Ven, what would make you think that would happen?" he asked, offering his beloved one of his lopsided smiles while the paw that cradled her head moved to caress her cheek. "You gave birth to five incredible children already, each with stunning traits. Your fertility should be the least of your concerns." True, the couple had been making many, many attempts to breed over the past couple of months, and Venom had abstained from her contraceptive regiment (which turned out to be a bigger turn on for Maverick than he realized) but so far their attempts had been unsuccessful. But Maverick still believed that without Venom being in season, each mating they had was more just an enjoyable craps shoot than a guaranteed attempt. He didn't claim to be a healer nor an expert on a female's reproductive system (beyond his own intimate knowledge of them), but he was led to believe that chances of conceiving a litter out of season was exceptionally rare.

"You could never be the problem, my beautiful Empress," he reassured her in gentle tones, leaning closer to place a tender lick to the end of her slender snout. "If anything, I'd be the one with issues, and if that's the case, well then I guess I'll just have to try harder and more frequently with you." The playful, roguish grin that spread across his lips was as much an attempt at humor to lighten her spirits as it was a genuine flirt with the woman that had stolen his heart. "Where are these fears coming from, love? You haven't hit your heat yet this year. I'm not always as smart as I am handsome, but isn't conceiving outside your season highly rare or unusual?"

"Venom & Maverick"

As his mate, Venom may enter his threads not marked as Private.