ardent

Things have changed... and I yearn for those days past...

Acere

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

Master Intellectual (254)

An icon representing the specialty Berserker Berserker

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarredVengeanceCritical Observation!1K
Christmas 2019Trick 2019
11-04-2022, 11:38 PM

It was the time of year that many wolves, young and old, honored the dead. Bellamy was one such creature, and though the location was far from her pack, from her family, and where she needed to go to continue her search for Saga the woman wanted to make time to do this. The visits to the altars, and the feast that had been held for Samhain, it was all something that just reminded her of a dear, old friend. A man who Bellamy felt had significantly contributed to the type of woman she was today. How could she not at least go to where she had last seen him, not knowing where his resting place had been? Had he even been buried? Was he honored, and remembered, by other wolves other than herself?

It was an interesting journey north. Some of the lands in Auster, besides the Falls, were touched by autumn, and here in Boreas, the cooler season was taking hold. She had passed trees that were shifting color and hue, spreading their dead leaves upon the ground where she walked, and she had seen creatures beginning to stock up for the coming winter months. Back at the falls, her family had been taking advantage of the magical autumn to stock up on herbs for the pack. With the little ones becoming bolder and more adventurous, and Corbin being the first to get an injury she felt it was only a matter of time before more accidents would happen. She wanted them to be ready.

Bellamy kept heading North until she reached the Sparse Pines. At one point this place had been held by Winterfell, under the care of Acere Praetor. She had trespassed here, not quite understanding the laws of being a wolf, and it was only thanks to Acere’s mercy she’d been allowed to live and learn. Her chest felt heavy as her steps slowed, her gaze sweeping the pines. They looked the same as they had when she was a younger woman and yet, at the same time, so much time had passed since then. Acere was gone. Winterfell was gone. The she-wolf whined, calling out to the pines themselves.

“You are gone, and I’m not even sure how many wolves remember Winterfell, or remember you.” Bellamy called out, unsure if doing this would even reach Acere, or if she’d be successful in channeling him into this world. “I heard that Ignis Praetor, your own blood, stole Winterfell from you, Acere.” The woman drew in a breath. “He stripped a pack from someone so kind, and merciful, from someone who did not deserve to be betrayed by his own kin…” She shook her head. “...and I blame myself for not being there to help you in your time of need. Like you were for me. There is nothing I could possibly do, or give, that would ever amount to the kindness you showed me then.” She could feel tears prick her eyes.

“I miss those days, Acere. When I was still learning about this world, you were kind enough to give me a chance. You are the reason I was able to make it as far as I have. It’s…  funny in a way. I bet you never would have expected someone like me to raise up to alphaship, huh? And it's thanks to you, Acere. You helped me grow so much, and without you, I would have never had the courage to make Ethne. Never thought it’d be possible that others might help me. You were that first stepping stone on my path… and though others have helped I don’t think anyone could reach me as you did.” Bellamy gave a half-hearted chuckle.

“Do you remember Gavroche, the winged wolf? He said he knew you as well. Would you believe we are mates? That we have children?” She lifted her gaze skyward. “Seven children together, though one is unlike us. A polar bear cub, a little girl named Saga… Ignis has taken her from us.” Bells sighed at this. “I don’t know if she is safe, or if Ignis would even harm a child. But I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t scared for her, and scared of what he is capable of. I fear that my actions may have birthed a feud that will pass down to our children… and for what?” Bellamy snorted.

“Pride? Just to say we’re better than each other? I hate this, Acere..” Bellamy squeezed her eyes closed. “I… I wish you were here. You were a dear friend, and I know you would point me on the right path. I… I need help, my friend… I feel like I’m starting to crack again, and I… I can’t afford to lose myself again!” What was the point of this? Could Acere even hear her...?

Word Count: 806 Words

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Bellamy has two companions - a Tasmanian devil and an American badger. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.