Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
11-06-2022, 05:31 PM
They had been at rest. Or at least resting as much as they could after a burning branch had trapped and ultimately killed them. The fire wolf felt worse for their cousin however. Gavroche was never very bold or outgoing… and not knowing what has become of the tiny winged wolf bothered them greatly. Gav's first companion, Houdini, had died from smoke inhalation and had joined Mela, so at least their time in Somnium was not alone. Still… the tricolor wolf yearned for the day they would meet again.

They had become able to walk in the land of the living and of course Melanthios had become drawn to where their cousin was. He had a growing family and Melanthios felt peace at this. The fire just had to wait now for the veil to close and they would slip away, unseen, unknown… or so they thought.

A voice called out for them and the spirit turned their attention to a kid. Corbin, wasn't it? They moved closer to the pool of water. The kid was summoning them? So Gavroche had told his kids of them… interesting.

Glancing around Melanthios spotted a frog on a lily pad in the water. Without thinking they moved towards it and, sure enough, they were able to slip into the frog's body. Not the most comfortable of arrangements but it would do. The frog's gaze shifted to the fiery hues of Melanthios' own gaze and they shifted their attention to the pup.
"Bold of you to call for a spirit. You wouldn't be able to see us in our normal form. But I am here, and I will use this frog to speak to you." The dire rumbled.

"Why do you summon me, young Corbin?"