An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light

OverachieverSamhain 20221K
11-06-2022, 09:17 PM

A sudden heat jumped out and pelted at her forelimb, combined with the soft leading voice of her mother's ghost. Vanta withdrew her paw in fear, holding it and the bracer up to her chest, eyes still shut and head still aimed far from the fire. "I don't know what you mean, momma." She whispered, defeated. It was just a piece of fabric! Her mother had said it was important to her family's health and safety, but nothing about mystical magical powers. Was there even anything strong enough in this world to help Vanta in this moment?

But the suggestion was her mother's, and Vanta would never again ignore the horned wolf's words. With shaking paws she unclasped the bracer, watching the folded scrap of fabric fall out and onto the sand. What was she to do with it? Vanta held it in one paw, looking into it's boring shape and color and trying as hard as she could to discern some sort of use from it all. What needed helping the most? A large part of her wanted to thrust it into the flames and see if it could bring her mother back, but even the thought of it was enough to send a pit of wrongness into her stomach. No, it was meant for her. But how?

Vanta touched it to her chest first, holding it there a moment but feeling nothing in particular magically break through. No amount of magic bandaids could heal a broke heart, she assumed. Her paw lifted higher, bringing the fabric to her eyes. Holding it across them and letting her tears soak through. "Am I doing it right, momma?" She asked the fire, her words shaken by anticipatory fear and an already setting in burst of self loathing.

"Vanta"