size
Dire wolf
build
Light

OverachieverSamhain 20221K
11-06-2022, 09:20 PM
Player Name: RelevantKoala
Character Name: Vantoase
Link to Thread <a href="https://www.ardently.org/showthread.php?tid=42716">Here</a>

<div style="max-width:600px;margin:auto auto;"><span class=warning>NPC: </span>

You successfully reach across the veil and even pull forth some memory of your mother. Fire, there's always been a connection to fire there. But you are young and the bright light of the fire is too much still for your eyes. It is bittersweet, your mother closer than she has been in some time but you can neither touch her nor really see her, you are left with just the familiar comfort of her voice. And the heat of the fire.

You gently cover your eyes with your mother's last gift and for a moment you are swaddled in warmth, in comfort. It almost feels like your mother is there in front of you... <i>Right there...</i> You move without thinking, possessed by a fervor you've never felt, you <i>must</i> reach her, <i>must</i> touch her. You register the pain, but you do not flinch back, whatever has possessed you is suppressing the instincts to pull back and protect you. You do not know how long you stand there, paw outstretched as flames first burn your fur and then lick at your flesh. Finally, the spell shatters. Your nerves are screaming and you pull back, tears already streaming down your face. The only part of your paw that remains untouched by the flames is the crystalline growths, you flex it and wince, but it still works at least. But the skin is already starting to pucker and twist and even to your untrained eye you know there are places the fur will never grow back again.

You have received:

Permanent Minor Maim (Burn scars on a forepaw) </div>

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Touching the Veil - Submission Thread Updates/Events Archive 03:21 AM, 11-02-2022 09:37 AM, 07-02-2024