Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

Samhain 2022Statue 4 Worship
11-06-2022, 09:23 PM

--
So, Melanthios could use other things besides a frog.  That was good knowledge.  If Corbin died someday and was summoned he could surely find something better than a frog.  Melanthios also didn’t know much about how Somnium works and only that it could.  Corbin’s ears had pricked up high when Melanthios actually offered to help teach him.  Woah, learning lessons from a dead family member!  And the frog wolf was cool enough to have actually come when Corbin had called for them. Corbin’s lip’s turned into a confident smile.  

It was alright to be scared, so long as you could still fight when scared!  Corbin was doing things right then!  Yup, soon enough he’d be taking down the strongest in challenges.  It was always nice to hear these things from one more source.  On the other hand, it wasn’t so great knowing your great-grandmother was a pretty horrible wolf. “I can’t imagine mom or dad ever doing anything like that.  Hurting us.  How could she hurt her family…” It had all been fun and great and wonderful until the boy’s mind considered that.  The enemy hadn’t been some villain to just appear out of nowhere but a family member.

Then the mention of scars and Corbin nodded, “those do sound pretty neat.  I guess I don’t really want to get scarred..” the pain process, and losing in a fight and all that was pretty unwanted, “but all fighters get scars right?  So if I have to get them I want them to look cool.”  The boy still had more naïve imaginings of this, not the reality of the torn flesh and muscle or the searing pain that could come with it or permanent damage done.  The naivete of youth.

Corbin had been told a bit of the fire story but it was fun to hear it from this frog wolf.  Corbin bobbed his head appreciatively with the story.  “You know, this does sound kind of funny coming from a frog.”  Corbin tried imagining a sky of fire and ash but that was a harder sight to picture but it certainly had to be scary.  What would he do if fire rained from the sky?  Running to mom and dad admittedly was his first thought.  Sure wasn’t very brave.  Well, he’d make sure his other siblings got there also.  That sounded better.

Corbin let the story sink and tried to imagine the frog as a proud tall wolf with scars. “I wish you hadn’t died.  I’d enjoy getting to know you, I mean the living you.” The words were said humbly.  He couldn’t imagine a dream world being the same as knowing the wolf in the living world.  “and I know!” cheering up a bit on the last, “dad’s great! And ya know, I like his wings”  This was true.  He’d teethed on his dad’s wing, played with the feathers that came out and tried climbing on them and curling up to dad under them.  Wings were the best.

"Family"
[Image: PllexzO.png]