size
Small
build
Light
player
Shard

Samhain 2022
11-07-2022, 02:07 AM

As Meadow speaks of energy all around his eyes slowly move to the right and then left but, his head stays against her where it is. The living become energy on death?  That was a hard thing to understand but for some reason, he was taking the ghost at her word.  Why not?  What did the ghost have to lie about?  

“You can see her? Honest?” Hesitation came in the words this time, a bit of hope sparking but fearing to come out and be crushed if he understood wrong. “so… does she know that my best friend is a wolf?” Oh, right, this spirit was a wolf also.  “and does she know about Oscar?  Can she tell you?”  Hope was there, but he was still enjoying being pressed up against her ghostly leg.  It didn’t have the feel of mom’s or the warmth that he’d feel from mom’s but this was more than he’d had since she’d died.

Her paw moves under his chin and so his head turns up regarding Meadow’s face.  Her claim is a really big one, especially for an unsure child to soak in.  His quiet gaze lowers, looking back to his mom’s grave.  Then back up at Meadow, “thank you.”  

Nico realized he acted like he was a tiny adult all the time so how long did he want to act like a pup that needed help?  Well, he’d said thank you but that didn’t mean he needed to step away right away.  I'm Nico. What’s your name?  Can you be my mom’s friend?  If you can talk with her and I bet it's lonely if you don’t get to talk to someone when you’re dead?”  Does energy communicate? It was now after all, right?  Energy was confusing so just, he’d not worry about that detail. “I have Jack and Oscar and Ajax but she might not have a friend.”

"Niko"