An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualIce Bridge Explorer
11-08-2022, 12:28 PM
Things were similar within her family as well. It wasn't uncommon for yearlings to stake out on their own, though some stayed with the group they'd been born into for many years. Though Kiela loved her family deeply she'd never found a reason to stay. The herd in her homelands was well cared for and she knew she needed to extend the reach of her people beyond those familiar lands, and she was glad she had.

"Food. They were often the only way my family stayed alive and fed, so we cared for them until it was their time. We worshiped them as we did all the other gods.." Her family's rules regarding caribou were simple - never take what was not needed. Only kill when necessary. And never, never kill a calf or a pregnant female, unless they had absolutely no chance of surviving on their own. "Though some used their parts to craft things. Their antlers, their hides," she explained. That was all secondary to food but it was righteous to let as little as possible go to waste.

She nodded along to Birna's words. "You are right. They are beautiful creatures," she mused, her attention shifting to Birna nearby to the caribou again as they grazed, seemingly unaware of the two predators close by. She knew they were not oblivious to their presence but they'd given them no sign to be afraid, so they were not. "I would love to teach you. It's rare I find someone who appreciates them as more than just… another food source."