gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022
11-09-2022, 12:51 PM

Dorian was perhaps a little less daring when it came to wanting to run right up to the fire than Haydée was, but he couldn't deny that the green flames in front of them were strange and interesting. He nodded along with their father at the lecture he gave about fire safety and the injuries that could come from getting too close to the flames, trying to pay closer attention when he got to the parts about how he would have to treat said ouchies. Learning all of the things about healing still felt kinda daunting and overwhelming sometimes and it didn't really seem to mater how much he learned, there was always something else to figure out. He just wished he could be as good a healer as their father right away or at the very least that he was good enough to help keep their family healthy.

As they approached the flames, they were handed a couple of wooden trinkets, Haydée a wooden crow and him a wooden raccoon complete with their little fingers. He remembered seeing a raccoon at the pool near the base of their waterfall one time, washing off something it looked like it was wanting to eat, and thinking about how handy having little hands like that would be for the stuff he was learning from their dad. They were instructed to think of a resolution which felt like a daunting task and for a moment he just looked at the wooden figure in his paws, turning it over a couple of times.

Eventually Haydée spoke, musing first about wanting to be tall which made him chuckle a little. It was a good wish, but didn't really seem all that important in the long run. Without him having to tell her that she instead gave it a bit more thought and instead replaced it with not wanting to be afraid again when her family needed her. He smiled and leaned his shoulder into hers. "That's a better wish," he agreed before looking back down at his trinket. "And I... I want to learn faster so I can be the best healer ever for our family."

"Dorian Kedieo"