Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Derby Winner1KPride - BisexualDouble MasterAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Wordy
11-14-2022, 11:00 AM

There is a palpable silence that draws between herself and the ghost. A flicker of emotion that one can only describe as shame moves over her features. How could she be angry with this soul that had already crossed? She didn't know this wolf's story or if anyone was calling for her to visit. What if she had family missing her and she was taking up this sweet woman's time? How was that fair? To either of them. Drawing in a ragged breath, her golden gaze lifts from the sizzling mess at her paws to look at cream and tan fae.

If love came in many forms, how could she not have managed to keep it around? First Avantika and then Torben, who next? Perhaps, she was looking for the wrong kind of love. Maybe it was the sort of friendship love that was all she deserved. Raised from harsh beginnings for being a runt, Audra had always yearned to be loved, cared for, and doted on in the way that only a lover could. Did she blame her birth family for this desperation? Of course. It was their fault for abandoning her and telling her she wasn't worthy. Leaving her here now to think about the words the wolf spoke to her.

Could this ghost read her mind? Audra's eye widened slightly as Meadow spoke about how there were other wolves that had a love for her. Sitting there silently, soaking in the wisdom of the deceased, she had to stop herself from releasing more tears. It was beyond her own knowledge how this one knew anything about her at all, but she could not not believe her. Her breath hitches in her chest as she looks back down at her dainty paws. She wanted to believe this girl so badly. That she really did have the ability to love and to be loved most importantly. That she was worthy.

"Th-thank you," Audra mumbles quietly after a few beats of silence pass between them once again. "I-I do not know wh-who you are or wh-who you used t-to be, but th-thank you," there is sincerity in her voice as she forces herself to meet the emerald gaze of the girl. She is sweet and honest and the feeling of home surrounds her. Instead of feeling cold and alone, Audra feels the embrace of love and warmth. There is something genuinely unique to this ghost that she cannot place her paw on. "I-I will tr-try to t-take your w-words to heart," a whisper of a smile lifts the edges of her lips. Life seemed to enjoy throwing curve balls her way and this encounter was just what she needed to see past her hardships.

A  U  D  R  A

audra's companions are to be assumed next to her unless stated otherwise