size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

OverachieverSamhain 2022Double MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
12-11-2022, 11:05 PM

Kotori had called Athena at an absurd time, intentionally.  It was the middle of the night when most would be sleeping.  He had wanted to check that the wolf would indeed obey despite the inconvenience.  Kotori informed Athena they were going elsewhere for her two-part trial and with that would set off for his destination.  They would travel past the volcano that Habari once claimed, then follow the western side of the mountain.  It was only after they had reached the halfway point along the mountain that Kotori told Athena their destination.  Still, even then she would have to wait until they got to Hells River and Kotori was sure to find a predator along the way to make Athena prove her ability in a fight.  Then they passed Veterans plateau outskirts where a variety of metal objects lay about open rocky soil.  Only after that did they reach the final destination, Hells River.

The cavern entrance was already a bit warmer than the air from outside.  Kotori started the descent, glancing at Athena, “Your test is in here.  Be ready, it's about to get hotter, enough to feel the heat in your chest when you take a breath.”  

“I will eventually be holding a test for the members of Valta and a portion of it will take place here, in the very depths of this cavern.”  Down they went until they reached the end to see the large cavern where streams of lava flowed into the lava pool at the bottom of the crater.  Where the cavern had been dark it was bright down here, lit easily with the liquid flame below them. “Your task is to offer me a suggestion of potential trials that could be had here and why.  I want to see how smart my wolves are, how capable they are at surviving, and how observant they are.  This is only part of the trial that the pack will undergo so not every one of those things must be proved here but some should.  Take your time and look around and find inspiration.”

It was hot in here, not a place one would want to stay long but Kotori had to acknowledge the beauty.  Falling in there was instant death, too much time in this heat could surely mean death and yet it was still an amazing sight.

"Kotori Fatalis"
[Image: HMmbDEu.png]
 [Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker_39.gif]