gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Kara
12-12-2022, 11:45 PM

“Do I have permission to call her my grandchild?” The question drew forth a large smile from Ban as she offered a firm nod. "Of course, Sirius." How could she deny him such a thing? As of right now Verity had no grandparents. Banshee's parents were either dead or long gone. Her ex-husbands family was out of the picture. Sirius would easily fill that gap for the both of them.

As the children left her attention was fully on the Warlord. Her mind rolled over the past few years as he inquired further. She started with a small nod before beginning,

"I met someone." A swallow.
"His name is Daevar Faine. I've always been prone to falling hard and fast, and I did. He is the reason I left... I fell in love and got tangled in his web. It's no excuse for abandoning what I had here, but I was so incredibly blinded by my love for him..." She watched him for only a moment before continuing.
"Everything was good in the beginning, really good. For the first year of our relationship I was happy and it was healthy. But, as soon as I became pregnant the first time he changed. Daevar became possessive and controlling, slowly. When I lost that litter before term and he became distant and I didn't know what to do, despite his change I didn't want to lose the Wolf I loved. So, we tried again when I could and I became pregnant, with Verity." Another pause, she was idly kneading the dirt below her front paws due to her rising nerves.
"During this pregnancy he got worse. Every time I left the den he'd ask a thousand questions. Who was I with? Where did I go? Did anyone touch me? Even if I merely went for a walk around the band's territory or got some water at the creek. It was suffocating but what was I to do? I was about to have a pup and he took care of me. So, I stayed for the time being. I thought perhaps that once Verity was born he would lighten up. But, he did not. He was just as controlling and horrible with her. The poor girl barely got to leave the den or play with the other pups.
That was no life for her to live. So, as soon as she was old enough to make the trip we left."
Banshee exhaled as she shrugged gently,
"We escaped when he was off on a long patrol and I never looked back." Perhaps that was more then he asked for, but it was the first time she had ever verbalized her story. It was honestly such a relief to get it off her chest. Her eyes stung gently as tears threatened to fall, but she wouldn't allow it. Ban fluttered her lashes and took in a few deep breaths.
"I should have never left, but if I hadn't I wouldn't have her. All I can say is I am glad that we are here now." She managed a gentle smile as her eyes met his.

Speech

[Image: Banshee-icon.png][Image: Cairn-Icon.png][Image: incubus-icon.png][Image: rhysand-icon.png][Image: thyri-icon.png][Image: Vaella-icon.png][Image: verity-icon.png]