Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
12-14-2022, 10:28 PM

Gabe noticed the touch of softness that lingered in the dire Warlord’s voice as he mentioned his sympathies about his family, giving further explanation that mny wolves in this Armada had suffered their own losses, too. And perhaps this is what helped tie them together - through the pain of losing those they loved, their ties to this mortal plane brought them that much closer into unity. Gabriel couldn’t help but feel a bit detached from the violence and bloodshed he experienced as a pup. He didn’t even have full memories fleshed out from that day - but the flashes remained. The splatters of sprayed blood on white snow. The demon’s red eyes peering through a shapeless obsidian form, sparing his life but only to cut his wings. He was a flightless bird, bound to the earth. He was once an angel destined for a world beyond this one, and now he had fallen - to no fault of his own, and he had to simply make the best of it until perhaps he could get his wings back. Perhaps. Someday.

He had hope.

The mountainous Col appeared before the duo, a widespread mass of pack territory he had yet to venture into. Formidable in a sense, yet so beautiful, breathtaking even. The man’s ruby eyes blinked, taking in the view. Oh, how he wished he could soar into the skies in that moment, if not just to see the land’s sheer expanse through a bird’s eye view. He couldn’t help but feel the scars on his back ache just a bit at the thought. It hurt to be a mortal, more than he imagined. Azure spoke again, offering him the basic title of warrior - it would allow the man to assess his skills as he gained them, unless the ghostly warrior wished to aim higher in this moment. He glanced up to the mossy-pelted male with a steadiness and calmness that seemed out of place for a man who’d had everything he loved ripped away from him.

”I will take the rank of Warrior, and I will seek to make my skills known and hone them before I consider aiming for anything higher.” He spoke, strictly to the point but not curt. He wasn’t about to challenge for anything higher, at least in this moment - a modest man he was, and he was aware that his basic combat skills were of little match to a battle-scarred warlord. First impressions mattered, even Gabe with his awkward social skills understood this about interactions with others. A whisper carried on the wind, a low hum but yet so clear, he then added with a respectful nod of his head, ”I thank you for your generosity in accepting me into your ranks. I will work hard to maintain it.”

"speech"