size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Shard

Samhain 2022
12-18-2022, 08:34 PM

The explanation of oil’s use sparked Thorn’s interest.  It was used on steel and wood?  Thorn imagined his little wooden sticks and wondered if they’d be better had he used oil on them.  Dad’s words had a more serious note at the end, serious enough that dad specifically told Thorn to remember it.  Thorn bobbed his head at dad’s words, “I’ll always cut clean, I’ll put oil on it however often I need to.”  Since it seemed serious Thorn tried to sound equally somber.  Of course, he was saying it somber but his wagging tail probably took away some of the affect.

With that he had gone to the rag stuck behind the table where he had so much trouble.  Dad was able to lift the entire table!  Thorn snatched up the oil-scented rag and pulled back as dad set down the table.  The rag was tossed in the bucket, the boy's head turning to look at his father as dad complimented him.  Even better than the compliment was the offer to polish weapons.  The boy's eyes rounded with surprised excitement.  “Really?” He’d get to polish the weapons, which meant touching the weapons, and getting to clean them just like he’d polish his own sword someday!  

“Sure, I’ll help polish all of them if you want!”  Dad had said some but was that only a few needed polishing or thinking that Thorn might get tired of doing it or something?  This may not be getting to fight with a sword but he was getting to learn how to care for his future weapon.

"Thorn Carpathius"