size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Mammoth HunterPride - BisexualBeeventVolcanoChristmas 2019Promptober 2019
12-19-2022, 10:28 AM
Corvus had never been the most eloquent of wolves, speaking plainly more often than not, but his words always held an air of truth to them. He didn't say things he didn't mean, and he meant exactly what he'd said. This place felt like home, and likely always would, even as he and Twig moved on and made a new home elsewhere. He knew that was the direction they were headed but he hadn't quite brought himself to make that step. Soon, though.

It was hard for him to gauge just what Ignis was thinking or feeling, and he watched him - not too carefully, not wanting him to feel like he was being scrutinized like some kind of puzzle, though Corvus found himself longing for the smallest glimpse inside his head. Did he regret what had happened the last time they had met? Did he even fully remember just how he'd acted? Corvus didn't know much about mental illness but it was clear, to him at least, that Ignis hadn't been himself that day. Today he seemed much more like the man he remembered, the most faithful friend he'd had through all his youth - until that one day.

It was obvious life hadn't treated him well but still Corvus had to hope it had, despite the outward signs. But his hopes were crushed quickly as Ignis admitted it hadn't been well, not only revealing the scars he'd accrued over the years but going on to explain more about how his life had gone. He'd had kids, but his relationship with them wasn't good. He continued to explain more about things that had gone wrong - but then suddenly Ignis was talking about none other than himself, and their relationship. The ache in his chest, a feeling for Ignis that had never fully disappeared, only grew as he spoke. His words were genuine, at least as far as he could tell, and Corvus fell silent for a long moment.

His discomfort was clear - his eyebrows pulled together tightly, his eyes closing briefly as he took in his old friend's words and tried to mull over them. "I'm sorry," Corvus spoke softly, his voice betraying that he still very much cared about Ignis, even after everything. "You had to know I loved you too, right? I don't think I had the words for it then, but… then the way everything went…" he trailed off, a slight waver audible in his voice, like he just might start to cry if he wasn't careful.

He'd picked Twig, and he'd pick her time and time again, but that didn't lessen the way he'd felt back then - nor the way he still felt - about Ignis, even after the pain he'd caused him. He'd been his closest companion in his youth and no amount of pain could lessen those memories, at least for him. "I don't think ruining things with all those people is a death sentence though. There's always a way up and through, you just have to find it," he offered, feeling like his words were lame but he meant them completely. This wasn't it for Ignis - it couldn't be. The way he said it, it was like he was telling himself that as much as he was Ignis. He was cautious as he took a few small steps closer, wanting badly to close the distance between them finally, but far too wary to move too quickly.