size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Shelby

Critical Observation!Samhain 2022Statue 4 Worship
12-27-2022, 11:25 PM

There really hadn't been any expectation from him that Ikigai would accept the offer of cutting her pregnancy short. While he was still getting to know all of the intricacies of what made Ikigai who she was, he knew she was too virtuous and steadfast to back out of what they were creating here. Still, when she met his gaze with a resoluteness he wasn't expecting and turned the question of doubts back on him he was pleasantly surprised. He had learned very early on that there was a hidden strength behind the soft, delicate exterior of his mate but sometimes it still caught him by surprise when that strength showed through. "I have no doubts in you," he replied genuinely. His doubts were never in her. They were only in himself. Doubts that he could be a good mate, a good father, to be what she deserved. He had never questioned himself the way he had since he came to Elysium and wormed his way into Ikigai's life, but he wasn't sure if that was a bad thing. He had pointed blame at the world for his short comings for far too long and she was forcing him to face them head on. While that did sting, he didn't resent her for that.

When she insisted that their pups would be born with a hard determination in her silver, mercury gaze, a slight smile tugged at his lips while he looked at her with an appreciation he couldn't really put into words. "Good," he replied simply, watching her face and her expressions while he attempted to read the hidden thoughts behind those uniquely beautiful eyes. Eventually her paw pulled away from his own and he allowed her to do so, laying quietly as she seemed to think of something and let it cloud her expression. Ikigai rose and he watched as she moved closer, her smaller stature looming over him only slightly with him still laying on the ground. His gaze lingered on hers until her muzzle dipped to graze his cheek. The statement she made and the threat she paired with it finally made something click in his mind, an understanding behind the tireless dedication she seemed to have for him and the issue she seemed to have with his suggestions that she leave and find better. There was also a moment of pride and primal attraction as she outright threatened his life at the thought of him leaving her. As surprising as her inner strength was, it was also equally as attractive.

His large paw lifted to her cheek similar to how she was cupping his and he found her gaze, returning the same resolute heat and understanding back to her in turn. "I wouldn't dream of it, my love," he rumbled quietly. While the death of his own father had been a far different scenario than the abandonment of her own, seeing his mother break the vow that she had made to her father in his passing and taking another mate after him had torn their family apart and he at least could sympathize with the feeling of being betrayed by a parent—even if his betrayal was far less recent. He knew what that hurt felt like and he would never willingly choose to bring that kind of pain to her or his children. Thinking of his children as something that was a tangible thing and not a far flung idea in a distant future was still something that sent his thoughts reeling, but the more the truth settled in on his mind the more excited he became.

After a moment he leaned back, letting his paw slip from her cheek as he began to rise to his paws. "It feels insignificant and silly now after the gift you've given me, but... I did bring something for you," he told her with an almost bashful grin. He walked over to where he had left the package be brought, picking it up by the twine it was tied in and carrying it over to where they had been laying. He placed it at her paws and sat back while he waited for her to open it, letting her pull the strings loose and watching the bundle fall open to reveal the carefully crafted cape that was made up of a tougher, more protective layer of whine bison fur on the outside and soft, luxurious, dark rabbit fur on the inside. "I know these mountains can get cold and I don't know where all your travels as an ambassador will take you so... I wanted to at least make sure you stayed warm," he explained, offering her a little grin. After she had a moment to examine it, he helped to lift the cape and brought it around her shoulders, bringing it closed around her the top of her chest with a intricately carved silver clasp.

"Deimos Medacium"