gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Indie

Critical Attack!Double MasterStudentSamhain 20221K
01-02-2023, 11:32 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2023, 11:41 AM by Talyssa. Edited 1 time in total.)

And just as the older woman had predicted, the rain began just as soon as they were able to retreat to cover. Talyssa didn't pay much attention to the brief moment of silence that followed her introduction- that pale gaze of hers was stuck on the shower of rain as it cascaded against the surrounding plains. But when Iolaire introduced herself as a relative, a grin tugged at her lips in cautious enthusiasm. The name didn't sound familiar to her, but she knew both sides of her family were large. So she had no problem accepting this new bit of information as truth. However, she couldn't help but wonder just how they were related. "Are you my mother's sister- Briar Fatalis? Or my father's- Artorias?" Since her last name was her father's, she didn't think it was necessary to include it in her inquiry.

As Iolaire went on to describe the signs of rain, she committed the information to memory. The heaviness of the air made sense, and she knew what thunder was- that it accompanied rain. However, she didn't know the time between each rumble could gauge how far away it was.  When she felt her aunt's gentle touch, she couldn't help the playful grin that ensued. Though it led her to return her gaze to the clouds overhead. They were indeed dark and heavy. Obviously full of water as the noisy drizzle indicated.

By the time her aunt explained that heavy rain wouldn't stay heavy for long, it had already begun to lighten. "A little mud never hurt anyone." Talyssa answered in agreement. At the invitation to return, the young girl gave a quick nod. "Of course, let's go." She tilted her head back to look up at the clouds as they left their cover. Hopefully, the rain wouldn't pick up again before they could make it to the castle. "I bet Daddy will be excited to see you!" She said in her own excitement. She knew she would be happy to see her siblings again after time spent apart.