size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Shard

Samhain 2022
01-02-2023, 09:10 PM

Thorn considered his stick sword as he waited for his dad, imagining what he might do to make it better.  The real wooden practice swords were wooden but not made of sticks.  Even if dad wouldn’t let him have a real sword then maybe he’d let him use a wood one in the shop or even just help him get wood to try and make a stronger one like them?  

“Dad!” The boy answered happily when Art showed up, his gaze then following his dad’s to his current sword.  “I made it, well, Aunt Fern helped me with putting the hole in the stick but, it was my idea.” Thorn used his paw, rolling the sword over to show how it looked on both sides. “It’s not as good as one of the real practice swords but it's better than my first attempt and I thought maybe enough for a lesson on using a sword?  Between the vines and the crossguard going through the first stick it stays relatively stable.”

Thorn picked up the little stick with what was meant to be the handle, swishing it through the air before lowering it back to the ground. “See? Stayed in place so,” glancing from stick to dad, “Can I have sword lessons with this until I can practice with one of the bigger practice swords?”  He knew there was no way to have a real spar with this versus a normal practice blade but he was determined to start learning as soon as possible!  

"Thorn Carpathius"