gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Melorama
01-03-2023, 09:07 PM
It was understandable that she hadn't experienced wind chimes before, not everyone was well-versed in crafting with rocks and glass as his family were. "They are! Especially when made of coloured glass, but I'm not quite at that level yet." One had to start from somewhere though, and that's what he was doing with the stones. Once he mastered that, then he'd move onto more precious gemstones, until finally he felt comfortable enough in his skills to work with glass.
His ears perked up at her plan to make a gift for someone, having had prior experience to not only making gifts but also transactions and barters where he gave items he had crafted himself. Bismuth glanced at the materials she had, taking note of the feathers, as well as dried plants. He had very little knowledge of plants, and was unsure of if they were to be used in whatever she was crafting.
"I'm Bismuth," he said after settling himself beside his amateur work station. Bismuth had noticed the precious stones she laid out, different types than what he had back at his den, but his plan was to work with plain stones. At least for this windchime. "Thank you, but I'd hate to accidentally ruin your materials. I'm still a bit new to this myself." He chuckled softly, partially out of embarrassment.
Bismuth then set to work on making the wind chime. He started with using the make-shift chisel and rock (to be used as a hammer) to punch a hole through the stones via the flatter sides. It was difficult work, made harder by his lack of dexterous paws, but slowly and carefully he was able to make holes large enough to poke the twine through. Only one stone cracked in half after a particularly rough tap, which he considered a success. His tongue poked out from between his front teeth as he moved onto threading the twine through said holes and tying them off, concentrating greatly on his work. It took multiple attempts for each stone, but finally all he had left to do was tie the twine around the ends of his thin piece of wood.
He admired his work - it was a little crooked and off-centered, but done well enough to achieve the goal of making a wind chime. He would attach the thing piece of wood to a hanging beam in the main shaft of the mine near the entrance, and hopefully when a gust of wind blew by it would rattle the stones so they gently clacked against each other.
Bismuth finally looked up from his work, forgetting Claire was even there while he had been working, and looked over at the gift she was making, wondering how she was going with hers and if she needed any help.

Word count: 1,598/1,500
Bismuth has an oversized yellow cardinal companion, assume it is nearby at all times even when not stated ICly