Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
01-05-2023, 05:36 PM
He knew there was a cost to shutting her down. He felt it fizzle in the air between them as if the rain had started. But the storm hadn't reached them yet. Not the physical one that waited beneath the clouds, at any rate. The mental one had found them just fine. Putting them at odds, when moments before there had been kinship. He closed his eyes, and let himself think of Zee. If only for a moment. He thought of the battered explorer, the mother with endless love for her kits. And then he put her away again. Shoving her down where her existence hurt a little less. He realised then that Keahi had been keeping her peace. Pulling a little away from him. In hurt? Possibly. There was nothing he could do about it now.

"Of course, Keahi. I trust you with my little ones." He said, his voice gentling a little. He couldn't take back the first bite of his words. Couldn't change how much pain stabbed through him at the mention of her name. But there was a quiet apology in his words. When he looked to her he found her very carefully studying anything but him. He frowned, and there was a slight growl when he spoke her name next. "Keahi." He said. "Keahi, look at me." He waited for his wolf to obey. "My short comings are not your own. I was not scolding you, but telling you my limits. If that makes you uncomfortable, I'll leave you to enjoy the storm alone."