gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
01-08-2023, 11:22 PM

Just as she was fading into an auto-piloted state. A familiar masculine voice shattered the zoned-out haze. Her attention flashed to the direction it had come from- her expression painted in disbelief. But sure enough, as soon as the recognition of that familiar gentleman dawned on her, it seemed that everything in the moment was right in the world. "It's good to see you again, Balthier." Kiliaen responded- her expression illuminating in genuine affection as she recalled the night they had spent together nearly a season ago.

But of course, Balthier was quick to see work and offer his assistance. She was taken with amusement at the idea. "I'll accept all the help I can get," She answered cheerily. No, she didn't need help. However, she would be happy to use it as an excuse to spend time with him. Returning her focus to the project she started, she sectioned off the stalk of the Kava plant she had harvested into two pieces at the middle. Once satisfied, she pushed one of the shrub cuttings to her company. Kiliaen allowed herself to seek out that two-toned gaze that captivated her heart as she went on to explain the objective. "I'm plucking the leaves first, then we'll separate the stem into small pieces to replant." She instructed with a soft grin. "Though, if you'd prefer to not get yourself dirty, it's okay to just watch." She quickly added, giving him an out if he didn't want to participate after all. She understood it wasn't everyone's preference.

Though, if he did choose to help, she thought to pass on a warning. "Be careful though, this particular plant is used for a variety of things, all of which pertain to mood elevation. Or drowsiness if you have a hard time sleeping-" Kiliaen cut herself off, as she felt herself slipping into a textbook definition tangent of relevant treatments for this particular plant. She was sure he didn't want to know or care. "Nevermind. The point is, don't ingest it as you collect it, because it will relax you to the point of no further productivity and will make you swimmy headed." Granted, he would have to eat a lot of it in its current state. It was most effective ground into a cold water tea. But still, she didn't want him getting lost on his way back home either.

As she set to stripping individual leaves off her part of the stalk, it was easy to lose herself in a rhythm. Pluck a leaf, add it to the pile. Pluck a leaf, add it to the pile. But after a few moments of quiet, she cleared her throat to speak. "So ... not a breakfast guy then, I take it?" Kiliaen asked with a playfully narrowed, sideways glance, and a teasing grin. It was all out of good fun, as she would have likely done the same had it not been her own place.