gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

01-30-2023, 09:26 PM

There was no denying the sense of pride that engulfed her at the successful wrapping of her mother's injury. She beamed with pride as they finished up, and Manea led the way back to the furs that she had been lounging on herself just a short while ago. Mariah slipped into the spot that was gestured to her, settling into place in a similar fashion. And just as she was getting comfortable, her mother's observation filled the space between them. It brought a one-sided grin to the girl's face as she nodded in confirmation. "Yeah, I do." The girl agreed, but it seemed there was more to the acknowledgment than present interest. The question was, how could it be cultivated? At the mention of lessons, Mariah's ears perked up. "I would like that a lot." She quickly answered. Manea then mentioned the option of becoming a student to one of the two resident healers, which was an interesting sentiment.

It reminded her of the fact that she might already be a step ahead. "Irilyth has shown me a couple of things already." Mariah answered, thinking back to the time the healer discovered her investigating the medical den. It turned out to be a beneficial encounter. The thought of that becoming a regular thing was ... enticing at the very least. "But I want to know more." The girl interjected, echoing her thought process. She wasn't convinced a title within their own pack was something that fed her ambition. However, the idea that she could be best in the world kindled that flame. She supposed being Elysium's Master Physician would just be a stepping stone for that. But that left Irilyth being more competition than teacher. Mariah's silver gaze narrowed a moment before she moved to solve the dilemma in her mind. "I think lessons from both Aunt Ikigai and Irilyth would be best." And anyone else that could be found. She said without and hesitance or acknowledgement of the fact that might not be a possibility. As she glanced up to her mother, she adopted a more seemingly gentle curiosity- a plea to make it so.