An icon representing the specialty Tactician Tactician

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

VengeanceThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverExplorer
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - BisexualSnake Eyes1KDouble Master
02-04-2023, 06:21 PM

“A warrior, like my mama?”

Dagrún nodded and listened as the boy went on to introduce himself as Alexander, or Alex for short. The pup's companion spoke and prompted Dag to chuckle at the comment of how loud the squirrels were. "Well said, and yes Alex, I'm afraid they are often that noisy. At least in the spring and summer. I do think Sperla would appreciate a chance at these squirrels. Let me call her." While her companions often wandered it was rarely out of earshot and perhaps her own vocalization would shut the squirrels up for a bit. Dagrún tipped back her head and called for her kestrel. The noise caused a few forest creatures to scatter under the brush. Rabbits and grouse took off and even the squirrels fell silent for a moment.

Five minutes later they were back at it and Dag shook her head. It didn't last for long when Sperla dived out of nowhere, hitting one of the squirrels with tremendous force. She seized it in her claws and dug into its neck as the other's scattered. For a moment silence fell on the forest. Sperla peered down at Dag and the pup. "I hope you don't mind. I haven't had breakfast yet."

"Not at all, Sperla. I appreciate you breaking up the fuss. This is Alexander and… um?" She glanced at the boy's companion, realizing she'd missed the name.