size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
02-08-2023, 12:44 AM

Rudy had been ready to leave with Fern and all the kids in plenty of time and he’d plan to arrive at the same time as Fern. Unfortunately, he’d had to tell Fern he’d catch up when Kipling had seemed to disappear to who knew where.  Rudy smirked with dry amusement imagining he could hardly be surprised.  The kid had a hint of mischief in his blood and a desire to go off on his own at times.  At some point, Rudyard feared these ideas would get the boy into trouble and so far labeled it as luck that nothing had happened.

Kipling hadn’t gone far in this instance.  The child had found a rabbit den in the grass and in almost no time had gotten the front half of his boy into it.  Dirt flew out as he tried to dig deeper, Rudy raised his head up to avoid getting dirt in his eyes.

After a moment to pull the boy out and a warning glare, he held off the lecture.  Not tonight.  “Come on,” he encouraged Kipling, “Once you’ll see the big fire and all the wolves you’ll be glad I didn’t let you sneak off.”

The two made it to the gathering only a few minutes behind Fern.  He made his way to Fern, whispering that he’d found their son.  Looking up the boy was already running amongst the strangers.  A shake of his head with bemusement.  “Stay in sight,” he hollered up to the boy before glancing at Fern, “I think it's about time he gets stuck doing some work.  Let’s get him under control.” A lick to her cheek, “I’ll be right back.”

Making his way to Art, “It looks great Art. Should be a great party.  You know, mom would have loved this.  The pack’s grown bigger, and yet the sense of family is as strong as ever.” His mind would soon go back to the here and now, focus on the party, on Fern and their children, and all the fun bound to be had but Rudy couldn’t help thinking back to their mom here at the beginning.  Her spirit still lived with them and always would.

"Rudyard & Fern"