ardent

tell me that you need me

Friction

gems
size
build
player
10-20-2013, 05:32 AM

The mention of his daughter didn't make her turn and walk away from him, if nothing else it seemed to peak her interest a bit. It brought a tender moment upon them as she reached forward to nuzzle his cheek. He froze for only a moment before leaning slightly into the touch nuzzling her own cheek in return. There a a bit of an ache, a slight emptiness when she pulled back and he wanted nothin more then to step forward and to wrap his neck around hers. Had it been so long since he had felt the comforting touch of another wolf that a simple nuzzle left him with a craving for more. He felt hollow, desolate without it and at the same time that need that almost forced him forward also made him want to turn and run, to sprint back to Liberty and his pack. He didn't know how mucho her he would have with her, was it horrible of him to have left even for a short time to be by himself?

Her words gave him pause and without even thinking he was speaking. "What do you mean?" Instantly he regretted those words and his eyes widened as he realized what he had just asked, ears flattening to his skull. "I'm sorry, it's not my place to ask you about your past, I'll understand if its something you don't want to talk about..." Being someone who was pained just to think about his past never mind share it with others he felt stupid for letting those words slip out so suddenly. He had only shared a brief snippet of his history with Aislyn once and she had gotten made at him, snapped at him and called him names. He had tried to explain why he hadn't called for other healers when he was sick, because his mother had taught him enough to care for himself, and she had asked why he hadn't been able to cure himself then... That was the same day he had asked her to be his mate...

He was smiling again as she took his compliment the way he had intended, her voice taking a bit of an airy tone as she said she had never been called that before. "Then no one must know you well enough..." He said softly, reaching out to gently place a tender lick upon her cheek. Her answer was a simple one, one that reminded him so much of his first mate before Aislyn. The woman he had fallen in love with as a young child and grown up with. But thinking of her was far more painful then thinking of Aislyn and slowly he closed his eyes to banish those thoughts. What did he want? He motioned for Eria to follow him as he made his way towards the edge of the top of the falls and then once more sat, the roar of the falls a bit more audible far below them. He stared out at the landscape before them, the view from up here magnificent, as he waited for Eria to join him and hopefully sit close enough that he could feel the heat from her skin. He wanted to be near her...

"I've hade two mates now... One I loved dearly and one that I had my daughter with before we actually got to know each other... Both drowned in flood waters. I want love that will last, I want to have children again and have a second chance a being a father. My daughters mother had plans for her and I didn't have much say in it... I would love to meet someone, fall in love, have pups and be a part of a pack but then to leave once the pups were old enough. Maybe see a bit of the wolfs and have some adventures and grow old with the woman I love..." There it was, everything laid out before them. Everything he had dreamed that he had wanted with Rayne, everything he had tried to have with Aislyn and everything he had yet to find. He wanted to be happy, to love someone unconditionally and to be loved in the same way. He had begun to loose hope on that dream but as he sat there with Eria he realized that maybe he wasn't the only one out there who wanted these things...