An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double MasterOoh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
02-09-2023, 02:41 AM

Fern wrangles her children to the best of her abilities and, when Rudyard appears with the wayward Kipling, a sly grin crosses her lips. Already, their son is running off and when Rudy returns to her side, the gray woman teasing says, “Well, looks like Kipling is having fun. You know, he reminds me of a wolf I once knew.” She teases him as Outlaw approaches and she shifts her focus to him, offering a bright smile as he speaks. While she has not officially met Outlaw, her mother had spoken with love of the dog with his hat. Brightly, she says, “Outlaw! We are all doing well! Why don’t you sit with us for the lighting? I am sure the children would love to hear your stories.”

Elowen begins to wander off but her retriever companion thankfully urges her back to the group. With a small chuckle, the woman turns her gaze to her sweet little El as she says, “Just sit with us until the lighting is done. Then I will allow you to go talk to everyone you want.” A bright, loving smile is on her lips but Fern mentally kicks herself as she looks to the overwhelmed Meadow. Leaning down toward her daughter, she softly, she says, “Little one. I am going to put these in your ears. They will make the noise not so loud. You can sit with me the whole time and do not have to go anywhere.” At the word these, the gray woman produces the set of beeswax earplugs that Gwyn had helped her make for Meadow.

She hopes they will help the pup feel more comfortable and she deftly inserts them into her daughter’s ear canals. Carefully, Fern maneuvers her daughter around until she is front of her and slowly lowers herself to the ground. By doing so, she is offering Meadow a place to tuck herself away from sight while still being able to enjoy the lighting. Soon after she settles Meadow, Artorias begins to speak and she softly shushes the children who are talking and directs them to listen. Like the last bonfire she attended, the gray woman feels her heart swell with love and gratitude. When the fire is lit, she points to the various colors that burst into life in the waving flames.

Artorias continues to speak and names the castle Hearthstone to which Fern claps her paws in appreciation. Once it said to enjoy themselves, Fern looks to the pups who wish to play and says, “Alright, go on. Just stay where one of us can see you!” A laugh bubbles out while she pulls Meadow a closer to her chest, snuggling her easily overwhelmed daughter while watching the celebration really begin.

"Fern Carpathius"

Fern has a female stoat companion named Puff. She is always nearby.