An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono

Pride - BisexualAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2HomebodyIce Bridge Explorer
ExplorerMammoth HunterWordy1K
02-09-2023, 03:47 PM
Thinking about how much he cared about her, whether it was true or not, she'd still make herself believe it. She could see his actions and through what little emotions he had maybe unintentionally shared with her, Noir was generally shut out and cold hearted. She liked to think of him differently in the time they shared together. The better of the times. It was easy for her to cling onto the affections he gave in return to her presence. She wanted to help him be better, not necessarily for herself. Just some part of need to nurture in her soul.

She kept that second of contact with him as he looked back at her before turning her face away in quick thought as she looked down into the fire. She didn't want to linger long on what she thought her answer would be, that may have taken forever. Her chin slightly moved crooked with a raised brow, not that she was looking at him again yet. "Well, I don't know." The simple answer. Things that happened so long ago but that she may have never forced herself to face, just like Noir. "I've always learned how to move on. Better to forget." The best wisdom? Probably not. Though maybe he could at least relate. As affectionate as the two of them had been, and even as Noir had seen Duchess in one of her lowest moments in life, they both had never been real open about each other. Duchess knew Noir was just a placeholder in her life, something to get her by. She wanted more, but she'd do just as she told him. Move on, make things work well enough to get her through another day alive.

She paused before looking back towards him, maybe a little hesitant in response. But she wanted to help him figure out the struggles he was facing."Do you?" Her tone was still gentle, not pressing. Just asking him to tell her how he felt if that's what he wanted. Otherwise it'd get buried like anything else wrong that had happened between them.

"Duchess"

Duchess is an !M rated! character for themes of Depression. Please Discord me if you have concerns.