gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res
02-16-2023, 11:45 PM

Seeing the sheer emotion on the girl's face at being given a gift brought a pang of pain and love to Isa's heart. To think that something as trivial as a cushion could bring such awe and joy to the child was just... sad. As Andromeda squeezed the cushion and thanked the blue fae, Isa found that her throat had clenched with emotion and so she simply nodded and smiled. It wouldn't do to possibly cry in front of the girl.

Once the cushion was tucked away and they were ready to go, Isa followed Andy out into the bright, snowy daylight. She blinked against the sudden onslaught of light as well, but her blue glass eyes soon adjusted. Isa followed the girl towards a giant stone pillar settled beside a massive firepit. Dark ears perked as the girl explained that the obelisk held the pack rules and, as they stopped before the piece of stone, Isa could see the markings etched into it.

Hesitantly, Andromeda asked if Isa could read. The woman blinked and turned to the child, a soft chuckle on her lips. "Yes, sweet one. I can read." one pale paw motioned to the words on the obelisk. "The marks from my culture are a bit different so it takes me a little longer to read yours, but I understand them." The woman's head gave a little tilt as she returned the query. "Have you learned to read yet, Andy?" It was the first time that she'd spoken the girl's nickname that she'd been asked to call her.

"Isa"