gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarredVengeanceCritical Observation!1K
Christmas 2019Trick 2019
02-19-2023, 02:30 AM

The warmth and compassion that her daughter shares, even for one so young, brings Bellamy a bit of reassurance. While she is afraid, and genuinely afraid, of Ignis turning her little ones against her, against their pack and their family, there is a part of her that knows her children love her and Gav dearly. That they would never do anything that might harm them. That darkness, that doubt, fights with that small flicker of faith, and though Bellamy does not want to talk to her tiny daughter about such a serious subject, she feels that she is doing the right thing. It was hard stealing away a piece of her daughter’s innocence, but Bellamy feels it is the right thing to do for her safety. Thankfully her daughter was bright, picking up on how serious the talk was, and even showing a bit of eagerness in the idea of wanting to be able to protect herself and her loved ones.

But nothing would prepare the woman for the next words her daughter would speak, nor the intense confidence and faith that her child  has. It is enough to bring Bells to tears. But through the tears, there is a smile, and the black and cream-furred woman draws her tiny daughter into an embrace of her own. “I love you, Haydée.” Bellamy speaks to her in a softer tone, a tone that betrays the emotions she has been pushing down. Her fears, her sadness, and the love she has for her family, for her children especially. “I love all of you so very, very much, and I will always do everything I can to protect you and keep you safe.” The woman drew back.

“I guess… I forgot that I don’t need to face those problems alone.” A bit of a heavy talk for her daughter, but one that Bellamy herself needed. “You’re right, families stand together, don’t they?” Bellamy took in a breath, relaxing a little more now. Her tiny daughter was able to shift more of a weight than she knew. That was the girl’s strength. “You help your siblings catch up on this too, okay? I may not be able to show all of you before I have to leave again, but I will try to.” Bellamy let herself relax for a moment before she shifted her stance, spreading her legs an equal distance apart as she aligned them below her shoulders and hips. At the same time she made sure to splay her digits on the ground and bite her nails into the earth, her gaze shifting back to her little one.

“The first step to being able to fight someone is knowing how to defend yourself. I want you to mimic my stance - keep your stance widened but even, trying to align your legs below your shoulders and hips so you feel like you have the greatest center of balance. You’ll distribute your weight evenly across each limb, splay your toes, and dig your claws into the dirt to help you keep your balance. If you ever lose your balance in a fight it could be costly, so you must always remember to redistribute your weight so it won’t be compromised.” It was time for the lesson to begin. She’d start with the most basic part of a defensive stand, then move on to additional steps from there. The basics were necessary, the building blocks for success.

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Bellamy has two companions - a Tasmanian devil and an American badger. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Lesson Number One Lazuli Falls 04:55 PM, 10-24-2022 06:07 AM, 11-05-2023