An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - Lesbian
1KDouble Master
02-21-2023, 09:30 PM

Gossamer's ears twitched as Malachai appeared and she quickly gave a grateful smile to him. Sure, he was late, but better late than never. Of course this meant she'd need to re-arrange her plans but she could make it work. Her younger sister chimed in that she'd already done some sparring while her younger brother stated he was interested in learning more. She was excited for these pups and now that Pyralis was gone and she wasn't constantly looking over her shoulder maybe she'd get a chance to know her younger siblings. As Tethys answered 'no' Gossamer made note to try and get to know her nieces and nephews to. Goodness, so many new pups! Gossamer wasn't the most outgoing so this was going to be a challenge.

"Ok, well, the best way to learn is to practice. I can stand up here and lecture til I'm blue in the face, but it will only get you so far. For those unfamiliar with sparring I'd like to touch on a few defenses. These are ways to help protect vulnerable areas."

Gossamer spread her legs hip and shoulder width apart and bent her knees and elbows gently. "First get into a stable stance. You'll be harder to knock over if you lower your center of gravity and keep your weight spread evenly over your limbs. Stand shoulder and hip width apart. Obviously this will change when you're in motion but this is a good place to start."

"Next I want you to pin your ears to your head, like this. That'll keep opponents from ripping them off. Next, either tuck your tail or set it in line with your spine. If you're being attacked the first is the better option, if you're doing the attacking you might need your tail to help with balance." Gossamer hoped this wasn't too much information. "Lastly, let your hackles raise. You know when you get scared and your fur stands on end? Let it happen. Now roll your shoulders forward and scrunch your neck back. This will make it harder for opponents to get your throat." She demonstrated each move as she discussed it.

"It's a lot and you probably won't remember it all at once but the more you practice the more it becomes second nature. Now, in a real raid things are chaotic, so I want to practice melees. This is when you're fighting more than one opponent, some times on a team. Atreus, Charlton you'll be a team against Tethys and Andromeda. Malachai, Aris, we'll be be a 3 wolf free for all. Whoever's ready can start." Gossamer held her fighting stance from the demonstration and waited to see if Aris or Malachia would make the first move.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Fight Training! [Armada Warriors] Soul Sand Cove 03:20 PM, 12-31-2022 06:13 AM, 11-05-2023