size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2
02-22-2023, 09:58 PM

The moment that Deimos touched her, rough sobs tore from Ikigai's throat and she buried her face against his chest. "They're gone," she cried, though he would know. The proof was written right there on the snow. The very thing that had brought them together so closely was now extinguished. Gone. Fear and worry flooded the woman's mind. Would he turn her away now that she wasn't bearing his children? If her stomach hadn't hurt before, it instantly wrapped itself in knots at the thought. Iki wanted to think better of Deimos, but right now her mind was reeling. She was in shock and nothing made sense.

Iki's paws gripped her mate tightly as she continued to cry against his chest. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," the bloodied woman repeated herself again and again between sobs. As the adrenaline faded within her body, Ikigai realized how much it hurt to breathe. She'd landed so hard upon the boulder that she imagined a rib or two was broken in the process. It served her right. She should have been more careful. She shouldn't have asked to stop. Had she just kept pushing herself, this wouldn't have happened and they'd be halfway to Ashen by now. Her children would still be...

"We need to go home," Iki whispered to Deimos. Her teeth began to chatter as shock continued to take hold of her body. "But please... just hold me a little longer." The woman's sobbing had died down, but she was unable to move just yet. Her eyes were wide and unblinking as her forehead was placed against him. What was supposed to have been a joyous journey had ended in tragedy. In that moment, Ikigai didn't know how to go on and she needed Deimos more than ever.

"Deimos & Ikigai"
[Image: VsG8QnS.gif]