size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Poser

02-26-2023, 02:02 AM

let's stick together just a little bit longer

Maybe there is comfort in his lack of surprise. Political unrest wasn't uncommon, and when the king was a tyrant well... it was bound to happen. Kiriko has nothing kind to say of her father, should she be driven to speaking of him at all. No love lost in the spiked heads of dead emperors. Still, there's no telling if this place was truly safe. While the man before her was Iga, what was to say he was the only one of their sort here? Maybe there were others, those who would be far less neutral should they find out.

"There's no losing when you have no clan to fight for," the admission comes without bitterness. Kiriko is a bastard. It's the hand she's been dealt, and she has no bitterness or shame in that regard. "There's safety in numbers, of which I had none. I wasn't going to risk being taken as a slave, or worse, so I fled." Well, that wasn't entirely true. If Kiriko had bee caught she would have been killed on sight. Her parentage had been among the worst kept secrets, both the girl and her twin brother likely had a price on their heads. Still, Hattori didn't need to know that. She remains as demure as she can manage with the grim subject hanging between them.

"How did you end up so far from home?" It's an innocent question, and a genuine one. That, and Kiriko would be pleased to shift the spotlight off of herself.