size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
02-28-2023, 10:03 PM

Artorias was delighted to hear Bellamy agree with his suggestion of getting their children together to play and get to know each other as neighbors. It reminded him of when the Hallows had been close neighbors with the Armada, how their first playdate had eventually led into him building a lifelong relationship with the woman he had fallen madly in love with and was lucky enough to call his mate. "Wonderful! We'll have to discuss the details and find a time to make that happen then," he replied with a wide, toothy smile, his tail giving a subtle wag behind him. "Oh, I do have a small request of you as well. You see, my middling daughter has quite a fondness for exploration and the natural world. Waterfalls are her favorite natural feature, and I promised to take her to see some. Would you mind terribly if I brought her by your lands in the near future to show her what real waterfalls look like?" Artorias knew asking for permission to come sightseeing in another pack's home might have been a peculiar thing to ask for, but for his little Talyssa, he would move heaven and earth for her. If she wanted to see waterfalls, then gosh darn it, the father was going to take his girl to see some waterfalls!

Bellamy empathized with his words around the responsibilities of alphaship, sharing her own perspective on the matter. The Aegis nodded his head assent; while ruling had become his calling in life, there was no denying the gravity of the responsibility he shouldered on behalf of his wolves. In regards to Insomnia, all Artorias could do was sigh and nod his head with dark agreement. He did not like the situation with the enigmatic pack nor what fate had befallen Habari any more than anyone else did, but he knew he could not act without dire consequences coming to his wolves. The whole situation was a catch-22 with no good resolution or easy way out. He only prayed that Medusa came to her senses sooner rather than later and saw the error of her ways. "Many that she took were yearlings or pups. Most definitely uninvolved in her enslavement. Yet she chose to scorch the earth rather than be tactful in her revenge." The dire brute shook his head in disgust, conflicted pain clouding his bright eyes. "I saw the pups crying out for their mother as they were taken away. I watched her eldest attempt to flee, only to be hunted down. Whatever wickedness Recluse had done to her, what Medusa has done is far more monstrous."

As they walked, Bellamy shared her ideals and thoughts of Insomnia's actions with him. The more she spoke, the more Artorias began to find a kindred spirit within the elder wolf. She had a fire breathed into her now, vibrant and lively as she spoke of Ethne's stoic refusal to strike first, but tenacity to strike harder back if threatened. An amused smirk touched the corners of Artorias' dark lips as he heeded his fellow alpha's words, chuckling under his breath. "I think you and I are going to get along well, Bellamy." Amber eyes lifted to glance back at Hearthstone, the castle standing tall and powerful over the rolling fields it presided over. "Do you drink, Bellamy?" asked Artorias after a moment of consideration. "My wife, Briar, she is in charge of the Hallows' major product—wines made and fermented all by paw. We've come to be a bit famous for them. If you or your wolves enjoy partaking, I'd love to send you home with a few samples. Gifts from your newest friends." His smirk grew into a warm smile. Though it was still too soon to saw how close the two packs would grow to become, Artorias liked Bellamy and what she and Ethne stood for. He wanted to continue to build their relationship and see how they developed together, sharing the beautiful countryside of Auster.

"Artorias" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.