Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Bunni

1KFestival OrganizerDouble MasterCritical Dodge!Ooh La LaStudent
Samhain 2022
03-02-2023, 04:27 PM

When pups aged, there were plenty of boundaries to be tested. While Bramble wasn't exactly the type to completely break those boundaries, today had been different. She wouldn't be able to say why. Maybe it was from her taste of the outside world with her aunt or the little trips with her parents and grandparents. Her bravery was slowly building with the astounding growth of her body. Already she felt strong and capable! Plus after the first encounter with the berry hungry bear out in the grove, she was nearly fearless! Nearly. And a companion was always within sight, so it was okay if she occasionally snuck out past the borders. Right?

Wrong.

She knew her mistake as soon as she saw the looming figure of her father at the gates. The pup was making her way through the tall grass in a somewhat jittery mood. Adrenaline still sizzled in her toes as she nursed the bruise on her shoulder. It wasn't a serious injury and if she didn't say anything, no one would notice! She'd gotten more bruises falling down the stairs! Her eyes grew wide as her clumsy paws hesitated, nearly tripping over a rock. When her teal gaze moved to Corbin who sat dutifully on Artorias' shoulder, Bramble knew very much what this conversation would be about.

Knowing she wouldn't be able to avoid the confrontation, Bramble made her way up to her father. She lowered her head as she gave him a sheepish grin and pulled her tail between her legs.  "Thank you, dad. I hope you had a good day today," the pleasantries were simply formality at this point. Before she could admit her own rule-breaking, her father was questioning her daytime activities. Another sheepish grin flickered across her lips as her tail wagged a little bit harder.

"He's not wrong, but just listen!" Her voice rises an octave as she stays in a submissive position with her belly nearly touching the ground and her ears tilted slightly backward.  "I kinda started wandering and before I realized I had gotten too far, I was in this really cool grape grove! You should see how many grape vines there are! They tasted so good. I didn't know the bear was there, I promise!" She stares at him with those big teal eyes as her lips begin to pout.  "You see, he was all wobbly and grumbly and mean to that guy! And that stranger isn't a stranger! He told me he's a Kaicho, kinda like you are the Aegis! He left after he made sure I was going to make it home okay," her shoulders shrug as if it wasn't a big deal that she had fought a drunk bear with Hattori Hanzo.

There was a pause as she assessed her father's gaze.  "I'm in trouble, aren't I?" She whispered before putting her gaze on his large paws. The pup really, really, really hoped her dad wasn't going to be too mad.

bramble's companions are to be assumed near her unless stated otherwise.