size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
03-04-2023, 12:09 AM

As was her way, Talyssa was quiet and contemplative all the while Artorias was speaking, listening to his story and drinking in his explanation. His middling daughter had an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, and she drank up everything he told her like it was water and she were parched in the desert. At the end of his story, Artorias fully expected more questions to follow from his sweet, inquisitive little girl—but the question he received was far deeper and more philosophical than he ever could have expected. Amber eyes blinked in surprise, and once the father had recovered from his state, he breathed a slow sigh while he pondered the best answer for her. "No, it's not. The world is not so black and white, Taly. Not everything is strictly good or bad, right or wrong. It would be much easier if it was, but we live in a world painted in shades of gray. Someone can do something bad for the right reasons, and even a wicked individual is capable to doing some good. What's important is having a strong moral compass and beliefs you can trust in. They will not lead you astray, and they will help you when you have to analyze the actions and intentions of others."

Artorias shifted and shuffled to roll over onto his side a little more, relaxing as the philosophical conversation continued. "Take Hattori, for instance. Leaving his family to found his own pack is something I don't think anyone would say is a good thing. But by doing so, he's achieved his life's dreams and he's created a home for all those that follow him now. Did he hurt others to get what he wanted? Yes. Is that wrong? Also yes. But is Hattori an evil wolf for his actions? I do not believe so. I don't think his intentions are to harm anyone. It was an unfortunate consequence of doing what he felt was right." Another pause to allow his daughter to chew on the perspective he offered her, allowing her to draw her own conclusions. Talyssa was such a bright wolf, far smarter than most pups her age. She showed it every day with her surprisingly deep and mature questions. Artorias prayed that she never lost that spark, and that she always questioned everything. "It's okay to disagree with others, Taly. You aren't going to get along with everyone. Gods know your mother and I haven't always agreed on everything, and yet I love her with all my heart! What you have to decide is whether the thing you disagree on is a fundamental issue that you can't ignore. I'm not going to dislike someone because we disagree over our favorite seasons, but I will dislike somebody who disagrees with me on an issue like the value of life, taking pleasure in hurting others, things like that." Artorias tipped his head to the side while he considered his daughter, asking in follow up, "Does that make sense, Lyssa?"

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.