size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Shard

Samhain 2022
03-05-2023, 11:54 PM

Relief flooded Thorn as mom appeared.  Mom would know what to do and fix everything.  Despite faith in his mom when she put pressure on his ear Thorn’s first reaction was his head jerking back as the sensitive torn ear demanded he avoid the pain.  After a breath, though he shoved his head against mom’s leg, staring ahead and trying to not make the tears obvious.  Tilting his head he used moms leg to try and wipe away some tears so they couldn’t be seen, then realized that would again be moving his ear when mom was trying to make it better.

Dusk’s explanation wasn’t exactly the sort to calm the worried pup.  His ear?  Thorn could feel the ear still there so knew it wasn’t his entire ear that was gone but for a moment his mind tried to imagine what he would look like without an ear.  It was followed up with a less pleasant thought as Dusk said she had killed him.

There was an awful lot of blood.  Thorn’s heart pumped fast and hard as he tried to decide if he felt like he was dying.  It hurt a lot and his blood was everywhere.  How much blood did he have anyway?  More than he had realized!  His eyes flicked back at Dusk and where she lay, the wire in her tail and head down.  He’d never seen his stubborn and annoying sister look like that and for a moment his fear turned from him to concern for his sister.  

Family protects family, always.  Even family that hurts you or is an annoyance.  “I’m not gonna die,” Thorn spoke with a stubborn voice in response to Dusk’s words.  Fearful eyes looked up at mom to make sure she agreed, swallowing and stubbornly saying it again for both of them.  “I’m not weak.  That little thing can’t kill me and I got two ears so, it's ok if ones a bit shorter.” The stubborn voice was to hide his own fears, mixed with determination.  How likely was he to die?  Damn it, not like this.  Mom wouldn’t let him die anyway.

"Carpathius Family"