size
Large
build
Light
player
Indie

Critical Attack!Double MasterStudentSamhain 20221K
03-06-2023, 02:37 PM

It would be much easier if the world was always black and white. In her brief experience, those were the easiest topics to grasp- when something simply was, or wasn't. But that was before she knew a moral compass could assist her in navigating the grey areas that were outlined to her. Actions seemed relatively simple, but motives seemed entirely more difficult to interpret. "How do you know what someone's intentions are?" She asked softly. Talyssa knew what it was to lie, or to not be completely honest and upfront. But if someone was deliberately trying to lead you astray, she didn't want to be the one to fall for an ill-fated trick.

When her father further settled onto his side, she lowered herself to her stomach, propping herself up on her elbows to ensure she didn't miss anything. Using Hattori for further explanation, she was able to connect more of the dots for herself. She truly did not believe that the older man had any sort of malice in him. Maybe on his own moral compass, he thought he was doing the right thing- making a home for others among potential other reasons. As the situation was illustrated to her, she couldn't help the burning desire to ask Hattori for his version of the story. Perhaps if she ever encountered the koi wolf again, she could ask his help to understand- because she wanted to understand him to avoid misjudging his character. "Do you think it would upset him if I were to ever ask him why he went off on his own?" She asked, not quite able to decide if that was a safe conversation for her to navigate on her own.

As he elaborated on the differences of dislikable offenses, it certainly brought her a sense of clarity on the matter. The idea of her parents not always seeing things the same way brought on an interested grin. While she had never thought about disagreements in this sort of context before, it made obvious sense now. "Yeah, it does." She answered, echoing her thoughts to some degree. But the last couple of examples he had offered her immediately made her think of the boy that had killed the fox on the beach. It still brought her feelings of frustration leftover from what she had seen, and what she had argued against ... it made her think that this might be a good opportunity to talk about that whole event as well. "I met someone else on the beach ... and he was rather cruel." Talyssa started, looking away for a moment as she sought out the most important details first. "He wasn't quite a yearling, but a little older than me- he just chased down this fox, and the way he killed it ... it just seemed to cause more suffering than necessary. I tried to show him a more respectful way, but I don't think he cared." The girl explained, trying to draw a parallel to what they had been talking about.