Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze Participant
10-25-2013, 05:34 PM

Epiphron would relax visibly, tension easing from her muscles as she shuffled from her position on the ground, leaning her weight slightly to the side. Her gaze remained locked on Rivaxorus, intrigued by the woman not only because she was a subordinate, but she truly seemed an interesting lady. Certainly a possible friend; though despite how many wolves she conversed with and saw on a daily basis, her pool of close friends was small.

She was happy when Riv agreed she would take the position with honor, and Epiphron's smile grew, truly pleased. "Good," she noted with a soft chuckle. Loyalty was never ignored, and this one seemed more than eager to serve and to please her superiors. Those qualities were surprisingly hard to find at times, and she was grateful for the willingness to contribute.

The woman began to speak, and the Queen tilted her head ever so slightly and listened. It seemed her father had never been there for her -- something she couldn't quite imagine. "My mother died when I was very young," she commented softly, not merely trying to seem empathetic, but simply sharing a piece of her life with what she considered a new friend. Her father had not been at all a good man -- in fact, she admitted she had killed him. A controversial thing, no doubt, and yet she seemed to want to get it all on the table. Perhaps she worried Epiphron would find out later? Or maybe simply she wanted to share a piece of her history with another. It was not at all shameful to want a friend to confide in sometimes. "Sometimes we have to do things we don't want to, even things that feel wrong," she mused softly, nodding understandingly. "I am sorry that is something you had to go through."