An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - Lesbian
1KDouble Master
03-09-2023, 07:34 PM

Gossamer felt her heart leap at her sister's joyous response though it soon settled as the conversation turned to the present and the effort it took to keep moving on. Briar spoke of keeping a normal routine and Gossamer quickly nodded. It'd been crucial for her to keep up on patrols. It took her mind off of brooding and the walking and exercise had helped her to feel like she was moving forward physically, even if it was taking a bit for her emotions to catch up. "Agreed. I'm not sure if going through this a second time makes it easier or harder." She supposed in some ways it made it easier. She'd already worked through most of the grieving process the first time. Now that she was older and had more experience she could recognize the stages she was going through and acknowledge them. It certainly didn't mean the process was painless by any means, but she didn't feel quite as lost as she had before.

Briar asked if she'd stay for a bit and Gossamer nodded. "I'd love to! It's been quite a journey. I'll need a little time to recover before making the trek back." As anxious as she was to start her duties as Lieutenant she was practical enough to take stock of the journey.