size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022WealthyOoh La LaBy the skin of my teeth
03-26-2023, 01:53 AM
His juvenile attempts to test the validity of Venom's claims earned him a well deserved chiding from his fiancée who insisted she wouldn't lie to him. Of course he never thought she would lie to him, but when she made such wild claims of sudden recovery after a whole season of blindness, his mind simply couldn't comprehend her truth was reality. But Venom's scolding had confirmed what he dared to hope—she could see again! Maverick just held Venom while the two of them sobbed in disbelief and joy. There had been a moment when he had resigned himself to this lifetime of handicap with her, knowing she would never see their children, never see him on their wedding day, never see any part of their future together. It had been devastating, but it had not shaken his resolve to be with her. He loved Venom, and no matter what happened he would always be by her side through thick and thin. The scruffy rogue was just glad that the gods weren't testing that loyalty this early out of the gate.

Maverick refused to let Venom go, squeezing her tight in his loving embrace as he buried his face in the crook of her neck, letting his tears sink into her fur. "I know... Me too..." he admitted in a gently quivering voice, his large paws gripping at her back as if he were afraid this might be a dream he could wake from at any moment. "I was ready for this to be our forever. It wasn't going to change anything. I'm just glad you won't miss the rest of anything. The wedding, the kids-" Maverick jerked upright as the realization hit him. "The kids!" Venom could see their children now for the first time!

"Maverick & Venom"

As his mate, Venom may enter his threads not marked as Private.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. walk from this dark room for the last time Cryer's Ravine 06:11 PM, 03-07-2023 02:51 AM, 02-13-2024