An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipDouble Master1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
03-29-2023, 11:48 PM

Saracyn was delighted to see the pleased look on his mother's face as he went about explaining the changes in his life that had taken place recently. It was no secret that he had been brooding, moody, and downright dour about his situation and position in their family, but for the first time in his existence he finally felt like he'd discovered his purpose. Unfortunately for Manea, that purpose was likely to cause her a good deal of grief and heartache. That was why when she leaned over to place a kiss on his cheek and ask about the revelations he'd had, Saracyn was a little hesitant to explain them to her right away. Maybe she'd notice the pause he took to consider his words, or maybe she wouldn't. Either way, Sara did his best to try to explain what he and Avacyn had decided to do as tactfully as possible so as not to destroy the faith she had in her children. "I've discovered that my true place is at Avacyn's side, giving her everything she needs to succeed as Matriarch, to support her through thick and thin and face down any obstacles or opposition in her way of finding a fulfilling life leading our family." That sounded pretty good, right? He just hadn't revealed the finer details of that plan to his mother just yet, and therein was where the devil lay.

Sara shifted a bit to face Manea more directly, glancing down between them while he gathered his thoughts and figured out how to go about explaining this to her. "I've struggled for so long trying to figure out what my purpose in this family is, Mom. Why the Ancients would make me alongside Avacyn when she was the one destined to lead, the more important of the two of us. I couldn't figure out why she wasn't born an only pup like Fiametta was and why I was made with her. But I finally understand, Mom. It's because the Ancients always meant for us to be together, our souls undivided forever." Saracyn wouldn't wait long to let Manea fully comprehend what he was saying before he went straight into his explanation and defense of his reasoning. "Think about it, Mom. You've always told us that the Ancients give us our souls for a reason. You've also said that the Ancients give us our soulmates to find in this world, and our souls will know when we've found them. And that's exactly what they did with me and Avacyn—we just ended up much closer than expected. Maybe that's part of the rarity of being twins in our family, or maybe it's just coincidence, but it's the only logical end I can come to for why I exist. I was made to be Avacyn's soulmate, to protect her and provide for her and support her as Matriarch, and that's exactly what I'm going to do."

After he had made his case to her, Saracyn diverted his eyes from Manea's again, turning them off to the side. He didn't want to see the look of pain and disappointment she was sure to have in them. He just hoped that maybe his revelation would be enough for her to understand. "I know this goes against everything in our beliefs, but... why else would the Ancients have made us twins, given us our matching markings, given me a soul? I have to believe that because our circumstances are so wildly rare that we're the exception to the rule. The Ancients blessed me and Avacyn this way. What other reason could there be?" He sighed, his shoulders slumping a bit as he kept his eyes averted from his mother. "I know this is probably not something you can understand or support. I know it flies in the face of everything you believe. But I have to believe this is truth, because if it's not... what else is there for me?"

"Saracyn Mendacium"

Warning: Saracyn is an explicitly mature character for violent and sexual content. Read his threads with caution.
Saracyn's designated wolf to protect as a Bodyguard is Avacyn. She may enter his threads not marked as Private.