An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipDouble Master1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
04-01-2023, 07:37 PM

There was a long pause that followed his speech where Saracyn did not know how this conversation might turn out. He could see the disapproving frown on his mother's face, see the conflicted way she was looking at him. Had this been a mistake telling her all this? No, no they were going to have to have this conversation sooner or later. Better for him to take the brunt of their mother's wrath than Avacyn. He wouldn't be able to bear watching his sweet sister buckling beneath a berating from their mother. The sullen silence stretched on between them. The awkwardness gnawed at Sara's insides and it took all his self control to not shuffle his paws about nervously. Was he going to have to have a fight with Manea? Was he going to have to challenge her if she tried to intervene between them again? Saracyn didn't want to come to violence to have his love, but he wasn't opposed to doing whatever it took. How strong were Manea's beliefs that she wouldn't be able to understand what he did? Maybe she wasn't as in tuned with her spirit as he was with his.

All those what ifs never had to be considered though, as Manea began by warning him that he knew what this would mean for the both of them. He didn't respond, at least not verbally, but his tense posture and anxious body language showed that he did. His lips hardened into a tight line while he considered what might come next. He braced himself for the verbal lashings to follow—but instead he was surprised by the gentle touch of his mother's paw on his cheek lifting his gaze to meet hers. He looked so sad and conflicted having to feel like he was betraying his mother and their customs like this, but he would not waver. This was his trial, and he would stand his ground for his love.

But when Manea gave her hesitant blessing to the twins and explained that all she had ever wanted was their happiness, Saracyn nearly broke. His hard set jaw quivered and as he bowed his head so Manea could place a kiss on his forehead, his whole body shook. He had finally gotten everything he wanted but at the cost of breaking his mother's heart. He couldn't bring himself to regret any of it, but he also couldn't rejoice wholeheartedly either. It was such an awful and terrible conflict he was stuck in; his whole life felt like a major contradiction and a cruel joke made by the Ancients.

"I'm sorry..." he said after a moment, having to focus on his breathing to keep his voice steady while he spoke. "I'm sorry I'm not the perfect son you wanted me to be... But this is who I am. I can't be any other way. I love Avacyn, Mom. I love her with all my heart and soul. She's the only thing that makes me feel like I have a purpose beyond just making more Mendaciums. I can't be happy without her, and any other way I'd end up losing her. I just..." Saracyn swallowed hard, closing his eyes as he shook his head. "I'm sorry I'm ruining everything you've done for us."

"Saracyn Mendacium"

Warning: Saracyn is an explicitly mature character for violent and sexual content. Read his threads with caution.
Saracyn's designated wolf to protect as a Bodyguard is Avacyn. She may enter his threads not marked as Private.